Umi X1 dual core, Umi X2 quad core smartphones coming soon
Umi is a very popular Chinese brand and they recently entered in to Indian smartphone market with low cost handsets. They recently announced Umi X2 (having quad core processor) and Umi X1 (having dual core processor).
Details about the Umi X2 quad core handset aren’t known but we do know that Umi X1 will have MTK 6577 dual core chip inside having Power VR Ultra SGX531 GPU. This handset has 3G support and it runs on Android Jelly Bean OS. There is 4GB internal storage and 1 GB RAM.
Display of both phones is four and half inches big and it has Tempered AGC Glass for durability. The resolution is 1,280×720 pixels with support for 16 million colours or 326PPI. Just like other MediaTek phones, this too has eight megapixels rear facing camera having LED flash. There is also 2MP front facing camera for making video calls.
Umi X1 has dual SIM capabilities and other features on this phone include 3.5mm headphones jack, microUSB, Bluetooth, GPS, and Wi-Fi. Wammy Sensation is another phone having same resolution of 1,280×720 pixels. Prices aren’t known yet.
Karbonn S1 Titanium, a quad core phone, was recently launched for less than Rs. 11,000. Hence, the newer brands entering in to the market will have to price their products competitively or put some unique features inside.
The price of Umi X1 is Rs. 9,999 and price of Quad core Umi X2 is Rs. 12,000. These smartphones will first be available through online stores and retail networks will follow after that.
Umi X1 specifications
- Dual SIM having Dual Standby.
- 1 GHz dual core Cortex A9 Media Tek 6577 processor
- Power VR SGX 531 ultra GPU.
- Jelly Bean Android OS.
- 4.5 inches IPS display; 1,280×720 pixels resolution (16 M colours or 326ppi).
- 1 GB RAM, 4 GB internal memory, microSD card slot.
- Smartphone weight 145 gms; 8.5 mm thickness
- Wi-Fi, 3G, GPS, 3.5mm audio jack, Bluetooth, and microUSB port.
- Rear facing 8 MP Auto Focus camera with LED flash
- Front 2 MP camera having support for video calls.
- Proximity, Light, and G-sensors.
- 1750mAh battery.
- Black, white, and pink colour options.
Latest posts by Rushabh Bhatt (see all)
- Toshiba Kirabook – Expensive laptop with a high resolution screen – May 15, 2013
- HP ElitePad 900 – Tablet for corporate needs – May 6, 2013
- Liquid Image Ego – a cool minicamcorder for fast shooting and sharing – May 3, 2013