Sony Xperia ZL to be launched in India on March 12 priced at Rs. 36,990
Sony recently announced two new smartphones for India on Wednesday – Xperia ZL and Xperia Z. The smartphone maker had previously announced Sony Xperia Z price but remain tight lipped about pricing and availability date of Sony Xperia ZL.
However, Sony recently said that their Xperia ZL and Xperia Z will be launched on the same day March 12. The Sony Xperia ZL will be priced at Rs. 36,990 and this is 1,000 more than what Flipkart is asking for its pre-orders.
Sony Xperia ZL and Sony Xperia Z might look like twins but there are some diffrencies. For instance, the ZL isn’t dust and water resistant as the Xperia Z. The ZL handset is also more compact and thicker than the other phone. Sony Xperia ZL has smaller battery and is lighter as well.
In terms of specifications, both phones are identical. Both handsets come with five inches full HD screen having Android 4.1 OS, quad core 1.5GHz S4 Qualcomm Pro processor, 16GB internal storage, and 2GB RAM. Both phones also come with 13 megapixels rear facing camera, Bluetooth 4.0, two megapixels front facing camera, Wi-Fi, NFC, and microSD card slot.
Sony Xperia ZL key specs
- Five inches full-HD screen
- 1.5 GHz S4 Snapdragon Pro quad-core processor
- 16 GB internal storage (max 32GB expandable)
- 2 GB RAM
- NFC, Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi
- 13-megapixels rear facing camera, two megapixels front facing camera
- 2,370mAh battery
- Android 4.1 OS (aka Jelly Bean)
Latest posts by Anthony Lobo (see all)
- Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX300 – Impressive performance and quality – May 19, 2013
- Ten most affordable quad core smart phones – May 14, 2013
- Lenovo S890 – Good on features and performance but pricey – May 5, 2013