HTC One unveiled – 4.7 inches 1080p screen, Ultrapixel camera, fast processor
Amidst much speculation, HTC One was finally announced by the smartphone manufacturer. There were a lot of rumours going on about this phone and it seems that most of them were true. This is the first smartphone from HTC to have ‘ultrapixel camera’. This phone also has huge 4.7 inches screen having full HD 1080p screen with 468PPI pixel density.
HTC One has 1.7 GHz Snapdragon 600 processor inside and it is the same which LG used on Optimus G. However, the biggest attraction on this handset is the camera which according to HTC is a big step forward. Getting off from megapixels race, HTC One has put in four megapixels BSI sensor with f/2.0 lens inside. HTC says that it lets in 300 per cent more of light for giving better quality pictures. The performance in low light conditions too is improved. Whether the claims of better camera quality are true or not are yet to be seen.
HTC One comes with newer Sense UI which is called BlinkFeed by HTC. The smartphone giant has signed up with more than 1,400 news agencies for giving customized live information according to the needs of the users. This is the first smartphone to have stereo speakers at the front with BoomSound.
This phone will be launched in market in March. In India, HTC has signed up with RComm but we are expecting this phone to be offered unlocked too.
HTC One specifications
- 4.7 inches display, 1080p full HD resolution with 468ppi
- 143 grams weight
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 quad core 1.7 GHz processor
- 2 GB DDR 2 RAM, 32 and 64 GB memory storage variants
- Connectivity options – 3.5mm headphones jack, NFC connectivity, Bluetooth 4.0 with aptX™, IEEE 802.11 Wi-Fi: a/ac/b/g/n, DLNA to streaming media wirelessly from phone to compatible HDTV or PC, infrared remote control support, micro-USB 2.0 (five pin) port having mobile HD video link (MHL) for HDMI or USB connection (Special cable needed for HDMI connectivity).
- Rear facing camera: HTC Ultra Pixel Camera, Pixel 2.0 size µm, BSI sensor, 1/3′Sensor size, HTC ImageChip™ 2 Dedicated, F 2.0 aperture and 28mm lens, OIS (Optical Image Stabilization), Smart Flash: 5 flash levels automatically set by the distance to the subject, Continuous shooting, Video Pic, HDR Video, video recording in slow motion with variable speed play back, Sequence Shot, HTC Zoe™, HTC Zoe™ Highlights, HTC Zoe™ Share, Group Retouch, and Retouch with Object Removal.
- Front facing camera: 2.1mp, wide angle lens 880 having HDR capability, Full HD 1080p video recording in both back and front cameras.
- 2300mAh LiPo battery.
Latest posts by Rushabh Bhatt (see all)
- Karbonn S1 Titanium – Affordable smartphone, good feature set – May 20, 2013
- Toshiba Kirabook – Expensive laptop with a high resolution screen – May 15, 2013
- HP ElitePad 900 – Tablet for corporate needs – May 6, 2013