Download WordPress 3.3 Sonny
Following the launch of WordPress 3.2 which had total 14 million downloads, a new version has been launched by WordPress in the blogging platform. WordPress 3.3 is the latest version which has released lately in this holiday season with enhanced features in user interface and new drag-and-drop image uploader. This new version from WordPress is codenamed as ‘Sonny’, a name kept to honor the great jazz saxophonist Sonny Stitt.
WordPress 3.3 is readily available for DOWNLOAD, so you don’t have to take any hassle in downloading processes. Other than this, you can even update it in your WordPress dashboard. Right since the release of WordPress 3.0, more than 65 million downloads has been recorded and now 3.3 is the third major update which the company has added to bring new experiences including uploading, imports, navigation and others. This is what we have found written in other words by the creator Matt Mullenweg.
Well, new features which this 3.3 version offers are :
- A new toolbar
- iPad optimization
- Menus to enable users to find navigation help
- A Tumblr importer
- A revamped welcome screen
- Improved contextual help UI
- Improved co-editing notifications and support
- Second plane upgrades like the Chrome or Mac OS X. Good for webmasters who need to manage numerous sites from various clients
- Remove admin warnings
- Permanent widgets through WP 3.3, find them on the sidebar of the new theme
- Children themes on the repository
- Language packages (language installer)
- Performance improvements
- Better admin bar
Apart from these newly added features, developers will also get a range of benefits from WordPress 3.3. Some of its features include :
- New jQuery version
- A new editor API, better adjustments
- Improved Codex
- More lively help screens
iPad users can get ultimate experience from 3.3 version when it is all about WordPress dashboard. The dashboard of this version is really amazing, but it does not fit in different types of screen configurations. It doesn’t even fit for touch devices. Experiencing an adaptive desktop version will be really great where the admin will recognize the configuration for your screen or device and accordingly will offer you a suitable version which perfectly fits in the appearance, functions and usage modes.
This is really helpful especially for the beginners as after installing WordPress they get confused as to what to do further. Well, they’ll be offered with a guide to encourage their knowledge and make the right configurations. For detailed information about WordPress 3.3, you can click here.
Latest posts by Rushabh Bhatt (see all)
- Toshiba Kirabook – Expensive laptop with a high resolution screen – May 15, 2013
- HP ElitePad 900 – Tablet for corporate needs – May 6, 2013
- Liquid Image Ego – a cool minicamcorder for fast shooting and sharing – May 3, 2013