Samsung Galaxy Tab: Which one is the best?
This post dedicates to all the users who want to know about the difference in all Samsung Galaxy tabs launched lately. We have posted it especially for out dedicated reader who wants to know the same. This one is for you “Sandeep”.
Samsung Galaxy has given the world a new choice to shift to the tablet world and enjoy the fastest internet support in a small tablet computer. Not only one, but a range of tablets have been introduced under the name of Samsung Galaxy. We have already reviewed Samsung Galaxy Tab including Samsung Galaxy Tab 730, Samsung Galaxy Tab 750, Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 and 8.9 inches, Samsung Galaxy Note, and Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus. All these tablets are offered in 2012.
Now the question arises is which tablet from Samsung Galaxy is the best? This is what one of our readers has asked us recently. This is why we have added this post with details on all these tablets. Read further to know more.
Features of Samsung Galaxy tablets
1. Samsung Galaxy Tab 730 – This tablet features a 7 inches of multi-touch display and now comes in 8.9 inches and 10.1 inches. The tablet runs Android v2.2 Froyo operating system and can be upgradable to v2.3 Gingerbread. It is handy and slips easily to the pocket. The tablet is also light in weight, smart and keeps you connected to the world all the time. 730 features a 3G connection, Bluetooth v3.0, wireless LAN Wi-Fi, and 4000 mAh powerful battery. The tablet is powered by a Cortex A8 1.0 GHz procession and gives access to video calling with 1.3 MP front facing camera for video calling and 3 MP primary camera at the rear.
Advantages – The tablet is more portable as compared to Apple iPad. It supports multi-tasking and offers dual cameras. It can be used as a phone and features latest Bluetooth model. Weight is lighter with 380 gm.
Disadvantages – The display size is smaller so can distract many avid buyers. The display resolution is also less. The Android UI is not very tuned as compared to the iOS UI in Apple iPad. Also, Android market goes lower than the Apple App Store.
Price – Around Rs. 30,500/-
Read Full Review : Samsung Galaxy Tab 730
2. Samsung Galaxy Tab 750 – This tablet comes with v3.1 Honeycomb operating system, 1 GHz NVIDIA Tegra 2 dual core processor that offer amazing performance and swift display functionality. Internal memory is of 1 GB and can extend up to 64 GB via SD card. It gives full HD playback, 3G capabilities, and good video and audio quality. The tablet also supports Wi-Fi, latest Bluetooth v3.0, 3.5 mm headset jack, GPS, and Mobile Office. 2 cameras are available, front 2 MP and 3 MP primary camera at the rear. The tablet will run longer due to its long lasting 7000 mAh battery.
Advantages – Long lasting battery. Good memory storage option. Runs actively due to the latest OS and 1GHz 2 dual core processor. One of the best Android tablets in the world. It retains its lighter weight and is the thinnest in its class.
Disadvantages – We can only say that the price is the major concern for many owners in India. Other than this, the tablet boasts all new features that increase its price.
Price – Around Rs. 32,500 for the 10.1 inches display
Read Full Review : Samsung Galaxy Tab 750
3. Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 – It is the world’s first tablet that has received a brilliant Super Amoled Plus display. The tablet is thinner and lighter than the previous model and gets a 7.7 inches of display with dual core processor. This tablet sports Samsung’s active matrix organic light emitted diode tech which represents good brightness, colors and contrast. Resolution is of 1,280×800. It runs a Honeycomb operating system and gives you access to video and voice calls. TouchWiz software is included in it and the tablet is run by a 1.4 GHz processor. Memory storage is of 1 GB and can extend to 32 GB from MicroSD card. It includes a 5,100 mAh battery which gives amazing backup of up to 10 hours on video. A primary 3 MP camera with LED flash and 2 MP front facing secondary camera are available. The tablet supports latest Wi-Fi and Bluetooth and weighs 335 grams.
Advantages – Light weight, easy to hold, great gaming experience, lively screen, and Honeycomb 3.2 OS with TouchWiz software.
Disadvantages – Power button should have received good place, missing of a standard mini-USB connector to charge the battery through USB, Honeycomb 3.2 makes it more expensive.
Price – The estimated price of the tablet in India would be around Rs. 40,000.
4. Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus – This tablet weighs 0.76 pounds and is a 7 inch tablet loaded with amazing features. 2 MP front facing camera and 3 MP primary camera gives complete access to the users. It runs the latest Android Honeycomb 3.2 and has TouchWiz UI along with many custom Samsung apps. The tablet also comes with installed Peel app that turns your tablet into a smart remote control for your television.
Advantages – Sleek design, high quality screen, Peel app, smart remote control performance. One of the best 7 inches of Honeycomb tablets so far.
Disadvantages – Peel app has limited usefulness if users lack satellite or cable. Brightness of screen is a bit low. There is no HDMI port, leaves you to buy an adapter to play video from tablet to TV.
Price – The price is around Rs. 33,890.
Read Full Review : Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus
5. Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 – It is the first 10.1 Honeycomb tablet that not only is thin like iPad 2, but it also lighter in weight. The 10.1 inches of display is surrounded by a 0.8 inches of black bezel complemented well with the silver aluminum outline at the edge. At the top front is a 2 MP front facing camera and 3 MP rear camera on the black cover. The tablet don’t have any USB or HDMI ports. The tablet is based on Honeycomb 3.1, but cannot be customized to its interface. However, some of the Samsung Apps are available for the users to enjoy.
Advantages – This tablet is very thin and lighter like the iPad 2. It is an amazing Honeycomb tablet that many have witnessed so far. 3 MP primary camera and 2 MP front camera for video calling are impressive. Powerful dual speakers offer good quality sound.
Disadvantages – Plastic built at the back of the tablet makes it kind of cheap. Lack of ports makes the experience discomfort.
Price – The price is around Rs. 36,200.
Read Full Review : Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
Which tablet is the best?
If you take a closer look at the aforementioned tablets, you will also conclude that Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 is the best tablet in the selection. The light-weight gadget is the fist tablet in the world that is packed with super Amoled Plus touchscreen display. It is thinner and lighter and is powered by dual core processor. It runs a Honeycomb operating system and supports video and voice calls. It has an integrated TouchWiz software and runs by a 1.4 GHz processor. The 5,100 mAh battery provides a backup of almost 10 hours on video. With 3 mega pixels primary camera with LED flash and 2 mega pixels front facing secondary camera, this tablet is your ultimate option. The estimated price of the tablet is almost Rs. 40,000; however the features make it worth purchasing.
If you are looking for budget tablet then go for Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 20,000 Samsung Galaxy Tabs with good features, but not that competitive like the other high-end tabs in the market.